Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with cancer? After the initial shock and denial the question start coming: What will I have to go through now? What are my chances?
Knowledge Beats Cancer by oncologist Albert Stegmann Alberts informs patients and anyone who would like to know more about cancer in all its facets in this 336 page soft cover book.
Topics include the following:
- What cancer is and how it originates
- The importance of diet, regular examinations and self examination
- The many branches and approaches of modern therapy
- Modern treatment and prognosis of common cancers (29 types)
- Breakthroughs in molecular biology with fewer side-effects
- Bone marrow stem cell transplantation
- Median survival periods
- Alternative, complementary and integrated therapies
- Patient support, recovery after mastectomy, cancer in youth and children, effective pain control, care of patients with advanced cancer
- Support by community organisations
Alberts spent 33 years treating cancer patients and is specialised in all branches of cancer therapy. The book also includes his personal perspective on suffering and healing through faith.