Includes Callfinder® - uploaded with the latest Mammal Guide of Southern Africa soundfile.
Price here above applicable to private purchases directly from Briza
Recommended Retail Price: R1065.00 (VAT Incl.)
Voorgestelde Verkoopsprys: R1065.00 (BTW ingesluit)
240 x 168 mm
Soft cover, integral binding, full colour throughout, more than 200 colour photographs
Individuals Only / No Retailers
The new edition of this popular field guide has been fully updated and revised, making it one of the most comprehensive guides to the mammals of the southern African sub-region:
- Expanded number of smaller mammal species as well as eight of the more a
bundant sea mammals.
- An easy-to-use key to identify the mammals.
- A sketch indicating the size of the mammal in relation to a human profile.
- Detailed species description, including information on the conservation status, food, sexual dimorphism, life expectancy, enemies, habitat, habits and breeding of 137 of the region's mammal species.
- More than 200 excellent colour photographs illustrating sexual dimorphism and different subspecies where applicable.
- For the first time the mammal "calls" can be heard from the pages of this field guide when using the Callfinder® .
- Colour photographs and illustrations of field signs such as droppings and spoors.
- Updated distribution maps of all the species.
Mammal Guide of Southern Africa is a must for every tourist, hiker and nature lover to enjoy at home and when visiting our National Parks and game reserves.
If you have already purchased SAPPI Birds of South Africa with the Callfinder
® you only then need to buy and download the Mammal Guide of Southern Africa soundfile to upload to your Callfinder